- Thurs, Dec 21 – Advent Quiet & Winter Solstice Service 7 pm
- Sun, Dec 24 – Christmas Eve Services: 10 am Carol Sing, 5 pm Family Service, 8 pm Candlelight Service
- Sun, Dec 31 – New Year’s Eve Service with guest preacher, Caitlin Purinton
- Sun, Jan 7 – Celebration of Epiphany with Holy Communion
- Sun, Feb 4 – Annual Meeting
- Wed, Feb 14 – Ash Wednesday
- Sat, Feb 24 – Tues, Mar 6 – Mission Trip to Nosara, Costa Rica
- Sun, Mar 25 – Palm/Passion Sunday
- Thurs, Mar 29 – Maundy Thursday
- Fri, Mar 30 – Good Friday
- Sun, Apr 1 – Easter
Spiritual Support and Fellowship
- Prayer support through an organized prayer chain
- Short-term pastoral counseling and spiritual direction
- Fellowship events are held throughout the year
- Church Luncheons & Suppers throught the year and the Chicken Pie Supper in October
- Holiday Market in December
- Rummage Sales – Typically held in the spring and fall
- Prayer Shawl Ministry/Knitting Group – Contact JoEllen Swaine (email@example.com) for more information or if you know of someone in need of a prayer shawl. When a shawl is completed, the group blesses it before it is sent on its way. We currently have several shawls completed and ready to be given away.
- Join us every Thursday evening from 5:30-6:00pm. We have been holding a vigil for peace on the front porch or the front lawn of the church since the beginning of Lent in 2005. It is a very informal meeting. People bring a candle to light and often something in the way of readings and prayers. If you are concerned about the current state of the world and would like a place to gain some peace of mind, maybe you would like to join us. All are welcome!
- Church Council
- Music Committee
- Outreach Ministries (Missions)
- Sunday School
- Youth Group/Mission Trip
- Pastoral Relations
The church also provides space for:
- Friday Food Affair at Five is held every Friday evening from 5:00-7:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall on the lower level of the building (enter on Church Street) and is handicap accessible. This is a community event open to anyone who would like to come. We gather for a meal and conversation. Meals are prepared by a group of volunteers and food is donated. Meals are free and donations are accepted, but not expected. If you would like to become involved in this project, visit the website at www.fridayfoodaffair.org.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – Meets 7:00 pm Sundays in the Fellowship Hall
- Valley Stage Concerts – All “PM Sundays” shows take place at the Richmond Congregational Church, 20 Church St., Richmond. 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Tickets are $17.50 in advance, $20 day of show. For more information contact Valley Stage at (802) 434-4563.
- Mansfield Cooperative School rents space on the bottom floor of the church. Informally known as “The Coop”, we are a recognized independent school in Richmond, Vermont serving students in grades 3-8. We believe that children have a natural love of learning that emerges when they feel comfortable, free, and respected. Through our project-based learning and commitment to community service, our students are able to develop the essential skills needed to become life-long learners.