- Sun. May 21 9-11:30 – Sunday of Service
- Sun. Jun 4 – Pentecost
- Sun. Jun 11 – Celebration Sunday, Last day of Sunday School
- Sun Jun 18 – First day of “Meet Me At The River” summer youth activities
- Fri Jun 23 – Sun Jun 25 – Youth trip to Heifer International Farm in Rutland, MA
- Sun July 2 – begin 9 am summer worship time
- Tues July 4 – Strawberry Shortcake Booth
- Fri July 14 – RCC Hosts Friday Food Affair followed by a Gospel Hour of Music with Bruce & Caleb Freeberg
- Wed Aug 16, 12-6pm – Red Cross Blood Drive
- Sat Aug 26, 6 pm – Lake Monsters BBQ, Baseball and Fireworks
- Sun Aug 27 – Blessing of the Backpacks special service
- Sun Sept 3 – Round Church Pilgrimage
- Sun Sept 10 – First Day of Sunday School
- Sun Sept 17 – Blessing of the Animals special service
Spiritual Support and Fellowship
- Prayer support through an organized prayer chain
- Short-term pastoral counseling and spiritual direction
- Fellowship events are held throughout the year
- Church Luncheons & Suppers throught the year and the Chicken Pie Supper in October
- Holiday Market in December
- Rummage Sales – Typically held in the spring and fall
- Prayer Shawl Ministry/Knitting Group – Contact JoEllen Swaine (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or if you know of someone in need of a prayer shawl. When a shawl is completed, the group blesses it before it is sent on its way. We currently have several shawls completed and ready to be given away.
- Equal Exchange’s Interfaith Coffee Program In November, 2006, the Richmond Congregational Church joined the UCC Fair Trade Project, which is a partnership with Equal Exchange’s Interfaith Coffee Program. For the past ten years we have been part of a life-centered economic model which puts people and the environment before profits – a model rooted in the principles of justice, equity, cooperation and sustainability. With our purchases of Equal Exchange products, we have been helping farmers and their families in Latin America, Africa and Asia, gain more control over their lives, earn a fairer share of income and have access to credit and technical support. For each pound of coffee, tea, cocoa or chocolate purchased by UCC congregations, Equal Exchange also makes a contribution to UCC programs that support ministries in economic justice. In addition, we have been able to supply the Hospitality Committee with the fairly traded coffee, tea and cocoa we enjoy during our Sunday coffee hours and other church events. Through the Interfaith Coffee Project, we and hundreds of other congregations are helping to create a more equitable world.
- Join us every Thursday evening from 5:30-6:00pm. We have been holding a vigil for peace on the front porch or the front lawn of the church since the beginning of Lent in 2005. It is a very informal meeting. People bring a candle to light and often something in the way of readings and prayers. If you are concerned about the current state of the world and would like a place to gain some peace of mind, maybe you would like to join us. All are welcome!
- Church Council
- Music Committee
- Outreach Ministries (Missions)
- Sunday School
- Youth Group/Mission Trip
- Pastoral Relations
The church also provides space for:
- Friday Food Affair at Five is held every Friday evening from 5:00-7:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall on the lower level of the building (enter on Church Street) and is handicap accessible. This is a community event open to anyone who would like to come. We gather for a meal and conversation. Meals are prepared by a group of volunteers and food is donated. Meals are free and donations are accepted, but not expected. If you would like to become involved in this project, visit the website at www.fridayfoodaffair.org.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – Meets 7:00 pm Sundays in the Fellowship Hall
- Valley Stage Concerts – Valley Stage Productions is pleased to announce the 2015-16 “P.M. Sundays” concert series schedule. All concerts take place at the Richmond Congregational Church, 20 Church St., Richmond. 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Tickets are $17.50 in advance, $20 day of show. For more information contact Valley Stage at (802) 434-4563.
- Mansfield Cooperative rents space on the bottom floor of the church. The Mansfield Cooperative is a non-profit educational institution with a focus on providing multi-age individualized learning environments for students in grades ranging from Kindergarten to 8th grade.